Corn & Black Bean Burger
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 15-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup whole-kernel yellow corn
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 large egg, or 1/3 cup of apple sauce & 1 tsp of chia seed
3 avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
1 lime, juiced
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 medium onion, diced
1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1 clove minced garlic
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Mash kidney beans and black beans in a large bowl.
3. After well mixed, add breadcrumbs, corn, onion, and egg (or apple sauce + chia seed) until well blended. Form into 4 half-inch thick patties.
4. Cook 4 minutes on each side or until crisp and beginning to brown.
5. Serve in a wrap, on buns, or over brown rice, garnish with lettuce, tomatoes and onion.
6. Mix all ingredients in guacamole spread in a bowl, place on top of burgers.