Bachelor of Arts in English with a Writing and Rhetoric concentration. Graduated Cum Laude.
Graduate credits in Creative Writing and Czech Culture and Literature.
Fall 2008 to Spring 2009.
Florida Professional Educator Certificate Accreditation.
International Meditation Institute. Kullu, India
Certificate in Vedic Studies.
Fall 2009 to Spring 2011. New York University. Draper Program for Interdisciplinary Studies in the Humanities and Social Thought.
Thesis Title: The Political Economy of the United States 1886-1920: Development, Disequilibrium and the Labor Market
Spring 2011 to Current. Florida Institute of Complimentary and Alternative Medicine.
Training to be a Complementary and Alternative Medicine Practiconer.
Fall 2011 to Spring 2012. Enforex center in Barcelona, Spain.
• Northeast Modern Language Association – Member 2008-Present
• Sigma Tau Delta – English Honor Society – FAU Campus President 2003-2005
• Phi Sigma Tau – Philosophy Honor Society – Member 2004-2005
• Golden Key – International Honor Society – Member 2004-Present
• Roosevelt Institute – Education Policy Director 2009-2010
• United States Social Forum June, 30 2007
“Is Youth Activism Still Alive?”
“Syndicalism, Pedagogy and the Renewal of the Sublime: Reclaiming a Role for non-party Leftist Politics”
• University of Bristol Philosophy & Film / Film & Philosophy Conference July 4, 2008
“The Conquest of Film: Anarchism, Propaganda and Transvaluative Film”
“When Green Anarchism Turns Red: Violence, Communism and the Homeland Security Advisory System”
• SUNY Binghamton Comparative Literature Conference November 7, 2008
“Self-Mutilation vs. Social Transformation: Alienation, Action and Reaction in Progressive Era American Literature”
• NeMLA 40th Anniversary Conference February 27, 2009
“Wrongthink: Recoordinating the Aesthetics of Teenage Rebellion from Politically Aloof Hedonism into Genuine Radicalism”
• Marxist Reading Group Conference March 26, 2009
“Crisis and Convergence: The Brief Life of American Socialist Parties in The Context of the Age of Obama”
• International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation November 14th, 2011
“Incorporating Attention Dynamics Phenomenology into Classroom Lesson Planning”
• Rethinking Marxism Conference September, 22 2013
“In the Shadow of Chavez: Collectivo Protagonists and El Proceso of 21st Century Socialism”
• South Florida Latin American and Caribbean Studies Conference March, 21 2014
“Socialismo Maduro o Socialismo Inmaduro: Venezuela en la Encrucijada”
• South Broward High School August 2006 to June 2009
12th Grade British Literature
Debate I, II, III, & IV Honors Sample Lesson Plan
If you have received a Letter of Recommendation for a student from me, please click here for more information on it.
• Jewish Student Union Sponsor
• Philosophy Club Sponsor
• Debate Coach
* Researched vendors for fundraising sales in school.
* Community outreach to groups to ask for financial donations or sponsorship of individual students.
* Organized events, such as the annual “Political Party”, wherein various political parties came and debated on contemporary issues of important after school.
* Assisted students in the development of their cases and interpretive pieces for tournament.
* Planned ground transportation and accommodations for students via carpools for parents.
* Planned airline transportation and hotel accommodations for students and parent chaperones for out of state tournaments.
* Hosted and organized debate tournaments at school.
• Broward College July 2014 to Present
Political Science Professor
Professional Development For Education
• New Teacher Academy
Methodologies for classroom management of behavior, conveying expectations and structuring curriculum.
Instructional methodologies for teaching comprehensive reading strategies.
Paideia instructional principles and methods
• Reading Circles
Pedagogical methods for creating independent learning communities within the classroom.
• Professional Learning Communities
Cross-disciplinary curriculum creation.
Methods of political campaigning, activist retention and message framing.
• Difference Makers
Team building strategies, techniques for group decision making, goal setting
Florida Life, Health and Variable Annuity Insurance Agent License: P034148
Florida State Professional Educator’s Certificate: 983684
• NYU 26th St. Hall Council President 2009-2010
• Planning and organizing social events for residents.
• Overseeing the completion of assigned tasks.
• Organizing fundraisers for cancer research.
• Weekly meetings with the All-Hall Council to discuss and plan events.
• Roosevelt Institute Education Policy Director at NYU 2009-2010